The Grand Oasis Palm (formerly the Grand Oasis Caribbean) hotel is one of Cancun’s premier resorts, conveniently situated in the city’s hotel zone. With facilities catering to holidaymakers of all ages, this is a hotel that appeals as much to couples and groups as to families.
But what do you need to know before you book a holiday here? Here’s the lowdown:
Grand Oasis Palm – The Reviews
At the time of writing, the Grand Oasis Palm reviews very well. Over 3,100 Trip Advisor reviews give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars.
A summary of common positives:
- People generally seem to like the food
- The rooms rate very well
- At certain times of the year it’s very busy with young children and some reviewers wouldn’t recommend it for couples at that time
Grand Oasis Palm – Location and Address
The full address for the Grand Oasis Palm is:
Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 4.5 Sección C Lote 1, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico.
- It is 13 miles from Cancun Airport and takes 25 – 30 to get there
- It’s around 44 miles from Playa Del Carmen, around 1 hour and 10 minutes by car
The hotel is in the popular hotel zone of Cancun, so there is no shortage of tourist attractions, facilities, bars and restaurants nearby. Cancun really is a bustling city and you won’t have to walk too far to find the action from this hotel.
Grand Oasis Palm Room Types
Not all travel agents offer all room types. But the hotel’s rooms include:
- Standard room sea view, which boasts air conditioning, a bathrobe and slippers, iron and ironing board, bath and a TV. All of this is accompanied with beautiful views of the Caribbean sea
- Standard room with a garden view: As above but with views over the hotel’s well kept gardens
- Grand Room: All the grand rooms at the Grand Oasis Palm have spectacular sea views and have been designed with families in mind. As well as all the amenities of the standard rooms, they also come with cots available, a safety deposit box and extra beds available too
Grand Oasis Palm – Essential Information and Facilities
So, before you book a holiday here, you’ll want to know the following:
- This hotel has its own private beach
- There are 7 bars at the Grand Oasis Palm
- The hotel has 10 restaurants
- Wifi is available but there are some conflicting reviews with regards cost. Some websites claim the wifi is free, others say it costs $20 for 24 hours. This could differ from travel agent to travel agent depending on packages agreed, so we would advise you check with your agent whether wifi will be included
- Free wifi is definitely available in certain communal areas of the hotel
- The hotel has two pools, one with a waterslide
- There are minibars in the rooms
- Rooms are air conditioned
- This is an all inclusive resort
Book the Grand Oasis Palm
Ok, so here’s the boring bit. All of this is accurate based on our findings at the time of writing. But don’t consider it gospel. Before you book a holiday to the Grand Oasis Palm, be sure to check the description given by your agent and check what’s included for you.
And, as ever, before you book, do compare prices!! Here are 3 websites we’d recommend you check out: